Monday, June 9, 2008

Celtics win to extend finals lead

Sports Related - Basketball
A furious fightback from the LA Lakers was not enough to stop the Boston Celtics taking a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven NBA finals series.
The Celtics had led by 24 points but a late rally saw the Lakers trail 104-102 with just 22 seconds remaining.
However, Paul Pierce scored two free throws to give Boston the cushion they needed to seal a 108-102 victory.
The teams now head to the West Coast with the Lakers needing to win at least two of their three home games.
"I wasn't happy about the way we ended the game," said Celtics coach Doc Rivers.
"But we're up 2-0 and now we have to go on the road.
"We've got to play through 48 minutes and I didn't think we did that.
"I think we got cute when we got the lead. We started trying to make sensational plays instead of keeping it simple."
Pierce, who left the court during the first game in a wheelchair due to a knee injury only to make a dramatic return, showed no ill effects from that injury to lead the Celtics with 28 points.
The Lakers ended the first quarter 22-20 in front, but a 10-0 run from the Eastern Conference champions at the start of the second saw them take a 54-42 advantage into half-time.
It was a lead they were never to relinquish and they increased the pressure after the interval to open up a 16-point cushion, before the Lakers hit back to reduce the deficit to nine.
A 13-0 run saw Boston take control again with a 81-59 lead at the end of the third quarter.
But they were made to dig deep for the win as the Lakers found their range from deep, hitting an NBA finals record equalling seven three-pointers in the final quarter.
Lakers guard Kobe Bryant top-scored with 30 points, but it wasn't enough as Boston held on to take a 2-0 lead.

No comments:

 
Jennifer Love Hewitt Images

Jennifer Love Hewitt celebrity profile

Free Lyrics
Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love lyrics

Closed off from love 
I didn't need the pain 
Once or twice was enough 
And it was all in vain 
Time starts to pass 
Before you know it you're frozen

But something happened 
For the very first time with you 
My heart melted into the ground 
Found something true 
And everyone's looking round 
Thinking I'm going crazy 

But I don't care what they say 
I'm in love with you 
They try to pull me away 
But they don't know the truth 
My heart's crippled by the vein 
That I keep on closing 
You cut me open and I 

Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
I keep bleeding 
I keep, keep bleeding love 
Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
You cut me open 

Trying hard not to hear 
But they talk so loud 
Their piercing sounds fill my ears 
Try to fill me with doubt 
Yet I know that the goal 
Is to keep me from falling 

But nothing's greater 
Than the rush that comes with your embrace 
And in this world of loneliness 
I see your face 
Yet everyone around me 
Thinks that I'm going crazy, maybe, maybe 

But I don't care what they say 
I'm in love with you 
They try to pull me away 
But they don't know the truth 
My heart's crippled by the vein 
That I keep on closing 
You cut me open and I 

Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
I keep bleeding 
I keep, keep bleeding love 
Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
You cut me open 

And it's draining all of me 
Oh they find it hard to believe 
I'll be wearing these scars 
For everyone to see 

I don't care what they say 
I'm in love with you 
They try to pull me away 
But they don't know the truth 
My heart's crippled by the vein 
That I keep on closing 
You cut me open and I 

Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
I keep bleeding 
I keep, keep bleeding love 
Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
You cut me open and I 

Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
I keep bleeding 
I keep, keep bleeding love 
Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love 
You cut me open and I 
Keep bleeding 
Keep, keep bleeding love



Song lyrics | Bleeding Love lyrics
Free newsfeeds by Fresh Content.net TOP RANKED ENTERTAINMENT BLOG My Zimbio
Top Stories